Thursday, June 14, 2012

Closing Day

Kelly, I thought the SAME THING about the painting in the hotel! Great Gatsby eyes.

Today is the day! We close on the house at 1pm. And technically, it'll be theirs then, but we're not actually moving out until Saturday. And I know anything can happen between now and 1pm, but all of our paperwork has gone through, all of the buyers' paperwork has gone through, the buyers close on their own house at 9am, so all of those buyers' paperwork has gone through, and they closed on their house yesterday, so all of their paperwork obviously went through. Yeah, three houses involved with this, which is weird.

And the couple actually wanted to come by last night to do a "final walk-through," which confused me because they had already done that. But, they actually just brought their parents to see the house. Which also was kind of weird because they're moving in on Saturday...just see the house then. But whatevs. They seemed to still like the house. The dad and son (buyer) walked out in the yard for awhile. David got all grouchy and mumbled to me, "Stop talking about what you're gonna do with the yard. It's not your yard yet!" And I'm like, "Dude, they can do whatever they want with the yard. We're just very thankful they bought the house." They're actually a very nice couple. I'm guessing a few years younger than us. No kids. Just 2 dogs and 4 cats.

Anyways. Just pray it all goes smoothly today!

We started moving stuff into the apartment on Tuesday. I met David up there after he got off work and I cleaned while he watched the girls. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean it already was. I just did one more Ruth clean and was happy. It's actually about 10 square feet bigger than our house, so we won't be missing any space. We officially decided on a builder and we're meeting with them on Sunday to finalize everything. I'm hoping they start on the house right away and it's done next week. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday for baby boy bean and everything looks good! I'm having some sciatic nerve problems, so my left butt cheek has been pinching like a mad dog. I've had to crawl around a few times to get from point A to point B. Thankfully, it's just the girls and me here during the day, so they think it's a game and don't laugh at me. It's just annoying, especially since we're packing and it just comes out of nowhere. But, Dr. Mac and Mom gave me some good stretches to do to help it. Dr. Mac suggested getting a maternity belt to "lift and support." He said it sounds like a bra commercial, but for your belly. I'm 22 weeks and 5 days, but I'm measuring 24 weeks. So...yay for that, says the heifer. Baby is measuring right on time, so it's just me that's huge. But, then again, at this time with the twins, I was measuring about 28 weeks, so that makes me feel a teeny bit better. And instead of my belly being round like it was with the girls, it sticks STRAIGHT out. It literally is like I'm smuggling a watermelon. It's so weird. Maybe the belt will help.

Alrighty, y'all have a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!