Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Kidney Stone: The Neverending Story

I know you guys are sick and tired of hearing about this dadburn kidney stone. I'm sick and tired of the kidney stone. David's sick and tired of the kidney stone. The kidney stone is sick and tired of itself.

Thursday afternoon, the girls and I picked a very groggy and very pale David up from the hospital. The doctor was able to laser the stone into a gazillion smaller pieces. I had to stop and get gas on the way home. David, soooooo high on pain meds, decided, "Hey, I'll get out of the car, too." I'm saying, "Uh...sweetie...why don't we stay in the car, okay?"
"Nope. I, uh, I'm just gonna take a walk."
"I'm pretty sure you're not gonna get very far."
"I'm pretty sure you're right...I don't feel great. I have to throw up."
"Here's a trashcan."
After looking around for 45 seconds for the trashcan that was right in front of him, he pleads, "Where is it?!?!?!?!"
I lead him directly to it. He pauses for a second, looking into its depths, and declares, "I'm good. No throwing up. But I am gonna sit down."
And he sits down in front of the car, on the concrete. I finish pumping gas and then hoist my invalid husband up and back into the car, where he proceeds to lower the seat back all the way, pinning Harper against her car seat. She laughed.

We get home and I send David straight to bed. He's pretty doped up the rest of the day, but starts coming back to the land of the living by that evening. He was still in a lot of pain, but slowly getting better. The doctor gave him a strainer to they can determine what type of stone it is and how he can better prevent them in the future. It's really weird and gross because he has to save all the pieces of stone in the strainer, so I won't get into all the details...except I just did, so there you go. Mom suggested putting the pieces in a little necklace. Ha...oh, Mom. You're so strange.

Friday morning, David decided he was okay enough to go to work. I wouldn't have, but he's tougher than me. He was tired, but feeling much better. Same with Saturday. Then, Saturday night, he started getting a bad stabbing pain in his lower back on the side they did the procedure. It continued on through this morning. Dad is saying it could be bruising of the kidney or he's still got some pieces left to pass or something else. So, he's got to go back in to the hospital tomorrow. Blah. Everybody is sooooo over it...especially David. I just want him to be able to feel like himself again. Praying that happens soon.

So, the saga of the kidney stone continues...but hopefully only until tomorrow.

I still have one more Zion post, but I didn't have a chance to get that done this weekend, so here's some videos of the girls.

As you can see, we are all excited about Santa Claus. At the end, she says "I" a few times...she's noticing the letter on David's shirt in the video on the phone.

Harper singing.

The girls were being super quiet and David went to check on them and found them like this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I hope everything is okay, and your poor husband is back to being completely well very soon.


I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!