Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Sick House

Sorry I've been MIA this week. And sorry for the weird Photobucket background earlier. I'll get a new one up, but for now, Photobucket's being dumb, so I turned it off.

So, last Wednesday, David's lower back and sides started hurting and since he'd had it twice before, he knew immediately...kidney stone. It got progressively worse on Thursday and Friday morning, he headed to the doctor. Some blood work, pee in a cup, and CT scan confirmed a 4mm stone. The doc said some folks are just prone to have them more than others, despite the fact David drinks water like nobody's business. There was nothing they could do then and nothing Hugs could do but wait for it to pass on its own. And it has been determined to take its precious little time. A week later and he's still working on it. Some heavy duty pain meds have helped him through this week, but he's pretty much been an invalid at work and a home. He's able to get work done at the office, but he's just miserable, bless him. It could be a couple more hours, it could be a couple more weeks. I'm praying it happens like, in the next 30 minutes, just because I miss my husband. He's just not himself. I can't imagine how uncomfy he is.

On top of that, out of nowhere, the girls have gotten sick. Croupy coughs, snotty noses like you've never seen, sore throats, etc. We've had to do some breathing treatments at night because they were struggling catching their breaths and I've been rotating sleeping with them in the recliner in the living room, so it's been a pretty restless week. Then, I got sick...just a sore throat and headache, but it's like COME ON! Add insult to injury, please. And then, because of the time of year (Squeee! Thanksgiving! Christmas! My favorite!), work is crazy busy.

*whine whine whine whine whine*

Okay, thanks for letting me whine for a second. Back to keeping things in perspective. We're all alive and well, all of our needs are provided for, it's Fall, the bestest holidays are right around the corner, I'm going shopping this weekend, Amazon is as awesome as ever, I am very blessed.

Praise the Lord that my Aunt Becky was coming up to stay with me this week anyway. So thankful for her. I would not have survived if she hadn't been here. I mean, I would have survived, but I might be typing this from a nice, soft padded room. Actually, that sounds really relaxing.

So, that's what we've been doing. But, I will finish the Zion posts, two more to go, and I have a ton of Fall and Christmas pictures we took of the girls this past weekend, which was a lot of fun!

Hmmm...a sound-proof padded room....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!