It's been so crazy around here the past few weeks that I totally forgot to tell you guys what I was giving up for Lent. Mom decided to give up Chapstick or Vaseline for her lips. I asked, "Oh, are you like obsessive about putting it on even if you don't need it?" And she said, "Oh no...my lips are really chapped all the time." And I said, "Mom, you don't give up something you actually need." And she said, "No. I said Chapstick and I'm sticking to Chapstick." And by golly, people, don't you try to talk her out of it.
I thought and thought and thought about it...what to give up, what to give up. This is what I came up with.
- Unpasteurized cheese, milk, or juice (Can you actually buy that anyway?)
- More than 200mg of caffeine a day (I've calculated my chocolate intake and it's 199mg, so we're good.)
- Cold deli meat (Lame. Whatevs. I just heat the meat up to steaming.)
- Spas (Because I frequent them so often.)
- Alcohol (Y'all know I'm a lush.)
- Shark, albacore tuna, swordfish (The last time I had swordfish, I got Norwalk's disease in the South Pacific...so, never eating that again. Remind me to tell you that story later.)
- Aspirin (Fine. Tylenol's got my back.)
- Parkour (That's a tough one. It's hard for me to just drop my passion in life.)
This Lent will actually last until mid-October, so I don't know what I'm going to do without my unpasteurized goat cheese and shark salads every day.
We went and visited the Lent specialist the other week.
This "Lent" ordeal is also the reason my posts have been extra lame and sparse the past couple of weeks. In bed at 8 every night. Sigh.
And yes...just one this time. (sigh of relief)