Monday, January 26, 2009

And I'm Back...from Outta Space...

So, I'm back. I actually got back on Saturday, but this is the first chance I've had to post anything. Not that I don't love you guys. I heart vacation. I really heart tropical vacations and my parents were kind enough to invite me to come along with them and my brothers. David, being an accountant, could not come because of this dumb thing called tax season...3 and a half months of unadulterated evil. Sister Sara couldn't come because of work, either. So, it was me, the 'rents, and the bros. And it was a blast! We cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, and St. Rufus. (I made that last one up.) 

I love love love to cruise. It's safe...you get to see more places...your mode of transportation is also your home...you can eat whatever, whenever you want, all the time...you don't have to lug suitcases around everywhere...and it generally ends up being a lot cheaper than if you had traveled to the same places the normal way. This was my 12th cruise...I never get tired of them. They only get better. You're treated like royalty...even when you're dressed in your too short shorts, spaghetti strap tank, trashy flip flops and sporting some greasy hair. It's marvelous. The food is always incredible...and in abundance. They never run out. 1/3 of a cruise ship is the galley...how insane is that. It also means there's a bunch of little piggies onboard, but it makes you feel better about yourself after sampling everything at the chocolate buffet...which I always do. Most cruise lines have a little something called chilled soups...usually some sort of fruit. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's like heaven cried and fell into my bowl...sweetened with leprechaun laughs and baby glee. I think my family cruises just so we can get the chilled soups. 

Anyways. Here's some pictures from our adventure...

This was Geneve Bay...we went hiking one day in St. Maarten...only pebble beach on the island.

A shelter the surfers set up in the bay...you can hear the pebbles being rocked back and forth by the waves. A very beautiful sound.

Our boat in port

Hiking hiking...off to the right (out of picture) is St. Barts...named after Chris Columbus' brother....how sweet. If I discovered some islands, I'd name at least half of one after my brothers.

Noah being attacked by our towel animal...dinosaur...anteater...we don't know. 

The parents. Hey, Mom and Dad! 

Putting during our days at sea. It's windy up there.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. If I had a boat, I'd park right by the yellow one.

St. John. This is the only place in the world that is black and white. And high contrast. Scientists can't explain the phenomenon. 

Since David couldn't come, I put him and me on the beach at Cinnamon Bay in St. John.

Leaving Nassau...Atlantis hotel in background. 

I adore lighthouses. I wish I lived in one. I wish I lived in that one. It makes me think of Pete's Dragon.

Me and the bros

Me and the bros normal

Me and the bros on ship row

Arrrgh! I love pirates! I love them so much. I would love to be a pirate...that would be my dream job. Except without the pillaging and burning and killing. Just to sail the open seas...but maybe with my cell phone and some other technology....and a feather comforter...and cute clothes....

And that's our trip! 



I also wanted to share with you some of my favorite moments from our vacation. I tend to take pictures of people...not normal pictures...kind of stalker pictures. But, I promise I'm not a stalker or perv! But, hey, if you gonna look a-fool out it public, I WILL take your picture and post it! You walk around in a Speedo...I am going to make fun of you. As seen here...

Speedo man #2 DOES have on a suit...just to clarify. 


Some people slept most of the cruise...

Some people made out...for half an hour...

Some people did yoga...hello France...

Some people walked around naked...
In their defense...most of the Caribbean islands are European-owned...and most of them have nudie beaches. We just didn't realize this one was. We were walking on the beach and Noah says, "Those gals have on skimpy bathing suits." And I said, "If by 'skimpy' you mean 'nada' then yes, those are skimpy." So, I quickly covered his and Peter's eyes and...took a picture. 

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me you pronounce "naked" like "naked" and not "nek-kid"
    This post totally cracked me up! I love the sleeping people and I especially love the speedo guy...they should outlaw those things seriously! I've NEVER seen someone look good in one of those things! Looks like you had a great time, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, world traveler. Looks like a fun time, indeed! I'm just sad for you that Davey Pooh didn't get to go. :(
    I. Am. Scared. Of. Those. Speedo. Wearin'. Pervs.

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!