Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Isn't It Sad...

...when you're so full from lunch that you reach down to unbutton your jeans for a little extra give because they're sooooo tight and you look down and realize they're already unbuttoned from when you did it 5 minutes earlier. So, either you ate way too much and have no self-control...or you're a fattie already...or both. And how sad that you didn't remember you already unbuttoned them. It's like life picked up a sledgehammer, grabbed your self esteem and mercilessly squashed it into the cold concrete of realism...bits and pieces splattered about. 

...when you can't stop eating the peanut M&M's in front of you. You know those dadblasted M&M's are the reason you have the aforementioned blue jean problem, but you just can't stop...they're peanuty, chocolatey, sugary-shellish and hey, they're fun to look at. Nobody is here to stop me except Blue and Seumas and they don't have opposable thumbs and I definitely don't have the will power, so I guess I'll have to keep eating them (as I reach into the bag and grab a blue, green and yellow...chomp! Sooo worth it....) 

...when you think you know all of the words to a song...like, you know it HARDCORE and then, one day, you read the lyrics and realize you were WAY off. It hurts. It's like someone took a part of your soul away, changed it a bit, gave it back...but it doesn't quite fit. And it never will again. 

...when you're singing your heart out to Love Song by Sara Bareilles and the cat by the computer screen and the dog at your feet both look at you like, "Seriously?" Wow...they both just got up and walked out...together. Not cool, guys. Thanks a lot. 

...when you know waaaaaay too many Disney songs from memory.

...when you're 26 and have High School Musical 1 and 2 coming in from Netflix today...and are SO EXCITED about it! 

...when you relate almost every event in life to an episode of Friends..."oh yeah, that reminds me of that episode on Friends when Rachel and Monica did so and so, etc."

...when you call your dad to get your grandma's phone number so you can wish her a Happy Birthday and you get this really weird, creepy static-y squeaking noise and you think "ALIENS?!?!?" Hey, I'm alone by myself all day...my mind wanders.

...when you spend so much of the winter complaining about winter that you miss all of the fun stuff that comes with winter. Like, the cold, the rain, the slushy mud, dry skin, chapped lips, dumb sweaters, shorter days, less sunshine.....see, fun, right? Nope, I hate winter.

...when your main ringtone (Ron Burgundy saying "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? I've just been handed and urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen. CANNONBALL!") scares the ever living life out of you every time it rings and will probably one day cause your death, but you won't change it because it's so awesome. 

...when your favorite part of ordering something for yourself online is not the item itself, but the tracking and waiting for the item to arrive on your doorstep. It's like Christmas all over again. "Where is it today? Let's see....Indiana! Ooooh...my package has been all over. It's a traveler. Estimated arrival date? Thursday! Yay! Two days away. Package out for delivery...oh my gosh, it's ALMOST HERE!" Ahh...love it.

...when the world's most amazing food, Cadbury Creme Eggs (of course), is only available once a year? That's just ridiculous. I'm gonna email Cadbury and have a chat with them. It's worked before...when M&M's came out with their dark chocolate candy for Star Wars and then took them off the market, I emailed them saying how dumb that was and that I demanded they start making them again. I got an email back saying they would take my request into consideration. Three weeks later, dark chocolate M&M's back on the shelf. You're welcome, world. If I have anything to do with it, we'll have Cadbury Eggs all year long.

...when your hair looks like Hermione Granger's in the first Harry Potter movie and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger as the day goes on, but you don't do anything about it because, quite frankly, it makes you laugh.

...when you go through your days thinking "ha, I should write about that on my blog" or "ha, I should take a picture of that to put on my blog" about every moment of every day. You people have created a monster...raarrrrrrrgh!

1 comment:

  1. have you ever tried the peanut butter m&m's?? If you haven't they are even more delicious then the peanut ones! I could eat a freaking family size bag myself!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!