Monday, February 16, 2009

Roses are Red...David is a Sweetie Pie Pantsie Pooh

So, this weekend was crazy busy, as usual, but I got the best Valentine's gift of all...a WHOLE weekend with David during tax season! Thank you, Mr. David's boss! They were so far ahead on tax stuff (which is unheard of in Accountopia) that he told everybody to go home at 5 pm on Thursday, Friday and don't come in on Saturday! Yes...when your husband works 70 hours a week for 2 months and then 76 hours a week for one month straight, you get excited about the "normal" things. So, it was the most wonderful weekend. We lazed around, rented some movies (because Netflix didn't get them in fast enough...yes, I'm impatient), fixed a fabulous supper, toured around some houses (I love to look at new houses...I'm a shorter version of my mother), hung out with our dear friends, saw a cute movie, and just enjoyed the time together. David said it felt like a vacation to him. :) OH! I almost forgot...we also bought some Girl Scout cookies...I can't forget those. It's like a double-holiday for me. Thin Mints all the way. Well, and a box of Samoas...close second. 

I love love LOVE Valentine's Day. It makes me sad that more people don't. It's so cheesy and romantic and gooey. LOVE IT. We normally try to get each other silly V-tines gifts because it's so sweet and funny and we can't help it. So, this year...he got me my traditional Russell Stover's heart-shaped box filled with joy and delight. It's the only kind I'll like and he's so sweet and never fails to deliver. This is how it was when I opened the box...I can actually eat some of it before I even unwrap it. It's a gift I have. 

Then, he got me some beautiful tulips...I love flowers. 

He likes to spread candy out around the house for me to find later. It usually takes me about 32 seconds to find it all because I can smell candy from miles away...like a shark and blood...except I'm not a shark and I don't like blood, so...not a good analogy. 

He got me a precious card that plays a song for me when I open it. I can't let you read it because you're too young. Maybe when you're older.

These things crack me UP! It's one of those puppets that when you move its mouth, it sings a song...it's so ridiculous. I'll just sit there and make it sing to me. Dance, monkey, dance! 

I filled a goodie bag up for him with lots of fun things...a coupon book, a card, some chocolate...I can't post it now, but when you're older you'll understand. 

ANYWAYS. 

So, it was a fun weekend! 

On a completely separate note...I have a huge paper cut and splinter on the SAME THUMB. How horrible is that? It's like, kick me when I'm down, world. Thanks. 

5 comments:

  1. This is so funny because D got me the EXACT box of chocolates and RED TULIPS! And guess what?! The inside of my tulips look JUST LIKE YOURS!!!!
    I'm freaking out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you will understand a lot more when you get older:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I said "keep it clean!" Gracious alive, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm older, actually going on 29... but I dont undertand... Coupon book? David shops with coupons?

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!