Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The No-Eyed Cats

The other morning, I told David about a dream I'd had the previous night and he asked, "Where in the world do you come up with this stuff?" And I said, "I don't come up with it. The Dream Fairy brings it to me." I really do have crazy dreams...every single night. For pretty much my entire life. And I remember most of them. So, I decided to start writing some of them down in a journal in which to look back years from now so I can remember how weird I was/still am. I'll share a few of them here and there with you guys. Here's one from a few nights ago. 

Me and one other person, I think it was David, were running really fast through a desert. It was a small desert, though. Almost like we were in an exhibit at the zoo. We were running from something. Then, I realized, we were kangaroos. And we kept running and running, but we weren't getting very far. Then, we come upon a system of holes and tunnels...kind of like on Meerkat Manor...and we dove into one of the holes. But they were very small holes and it was a tight squeeze...almost claustrophobic. I turned around and looked back up from where we came and pulled close the oddly-complicated-for-a-desert-tunnel screen door that covered the hole. Yes, a screen door. And lo and behold, the vile creature that was chasing us was an orange tabby cat...and he started pawing at the screen door. He was huge...or maybe we were really small. The cat abandoned his mission and left our door. We creeped out and looked around. We were now in a different place...it was still desert-y on one side, but the rest of it was like an oasis, complete with waterfall, huge boulders, lush vegetation. It was then that I looked down to see that I was a human again...but every other creature in the oasis with me was a cat. All different colors. But there was something a little off about them. Only a few of them had two eyes. Most of the cats had either just one or no eyes...just hollow pits. But they knew their way around just fine. They were swimming and jumping off the waterfall, flowing down into the stream below. One of them kind of slithered down the waterfall...it was a really weird waterfall...it was almost like the acrylic you put in flower arrangements to simulate water. Really slow and smooth. And this one cat had no eyes and I was worried about her. So, I followed her down the waterfall and and landed in the stream with her. It was freezing cold. I scooped her up and took her to the bank, where she happily climbed up and went back to jump off the waterfall yet again. I climbed out and that was it. I woke up. 

Crazy, huh? No, I do not have an obsession with cats. Yes, I love cats and I think they're sweet and soft and fluffy. But, no, I do not have embroidered cat pillows or throws on the back of my couch or pictures of our cat on the wall. If it was just me and Blue on a deserted island and we had no food, I would eat the cat. Little bit of thyme...little bit of pepper...delicious. 

I don't know why they didn't have eyes, either. And why was I a kangaroo? Anyways. 

I'll share more later. That one was a pretty tame one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!