Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Post!

Hey! I got the first post on this site! Woot! Oh...wait...it's just me. Ah well. It was fun for a second. I used to think blogs were dumb. Like, who sits around and reads other people's random ramblings? Then I thought, "Wait a sec...I like to sit around...I like random things...and I like to ramble. Blogs are for ME!" So, I started reading a friend's blog and then another friend's and then some random strangers' blogs...I was instantly addicted. (I'm seeing someone about it, btw. I've appeared on Intervention...twice. Both episodes will air in June.) I've also realized that soon I'll be at home by myself a lot and I already have a tendency to "save up" the things I want to say throughout the day and since some might say talking to a dog and cat all day is crazy (I'm not going back to BellReve), I sometimes find myself keeping an internal blog. And when my dear husband comes home at night, I explode verbally all over him...literally throwing up entire conversations I had had that day with myself...chunks of complaints and general whinings, streamy globs of excitements and revelations, watery runnings of plans and details...it's disgusting. After David wipes his face clean from the mess I have just spewed all over him, he laughs and asks "Do you miss talking to people?" And I realize...I DO! (It's quiet where I work.) So, I decided to start my own blog...so you guys can hear all of my random ramblings and so I can be a normal person when my hugsy bear comes home. Anyways.

So, this morning we were getting ready to go to church and, even though I hate the cold, I was excited because it was cold outside and I had been waiting to wear this particular sweater alllll year long because it's soft and cute and I like it. I finished my hair and makeup and as I was donning my cutie patootie sweater and zipping up my boots, David comes into the bathroom and says, "I like that sweater. It looks like a Star Trek uniform." After I woke up from my red hot fury blackout, I looked at him and said, "What?!" He repeats, "It looks like a Star Trek uniform." I'm like, "I know what you said! Why would you say it?" He proceeds with, "It looks good! I thought you liked Star Trek uniforms." I follow with, "Yeah, for Halloween!" I turned and looked in the mirror to make sure my moment of wrath had not ruined my makeup and caught myself staring at a white Lieutenant Uhura. It DID look like a Star Trek uniform, made all the more obvious by my front button panel sailor jeans and high-heeled boots. I couldn't help but laugh and since we were running late, I wore my uniform to church proudly. The truth is, I love Star Trek. I blame my dad, who would let us watch reruns with him as we were growing up. So, I guess I'm a little okay with my Star Trek uniform sweater from Old Navy...next year's Halloween for sure.
I even have a Tricorder. If only I could find my Communicator....
Well, I'm going to go exercise. We space travelers have to stay fit.

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooooo happy you are officially a blogger!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!