Thursday, November 20, 2008

Motorcycles...vroom vroom!


Okay, Mom...don't read this post, okay? If you read it you're just going to get yourself in a tizzy and call me at work and I won't be able to talk at work, so just save yourself the frustration and don't read this one. I know I told you, "Hey Mom, go check out my blog," but there are some things you just shouldn't read and you're too young and go check foxnews.com or something. 

So, David and I have motorcycles and we heart them very much. We originally had the big one, Winona, but it was a tad too big for me, so we...Mom, I said don't read it. Seriously. Foxnews.com is calling. I'm sure there's a new food I should or shouldn't eat. Go forward it to me....anyways, so we got me a smaller bike, Marahute. I love Marahute. She's awesome. Riding bikes is one of the most peaceful and calming things in the world. You experience things you wouldn't experience in a car...it makes road trips waaaaay more fun. It's amazing the smells...Mom, seriously! Stop!...the smells you miss when you're in a car...flowers, trees, breezes (breezes do have a scent), etc. Sometimes the smells aren't always good, but they usually pass quickly. When David and I ride together, I enjoy just hanging out in the back, chillin'. Sunsets are a whole new experience...I know it sounds super cheesy and cliché, but you really do feel more alive. God's creation is incredible. 

Last year, we went on the Trail of Tears...one of the largest biker get-togethers in the world. People come from all over. It is a motorcycle ride that "remembers" the 15,000 Cherokee Indians who were forced from their homes in Georgia, Tennesse, Alabama and Mississippi and relocated to Oklahoma in the late 1830's. Thousands of them died along the way. The ride is approximately 30 miles and roughly 30,000 riders join in. It's fantastic! At the main stopping place in Florence, AL, there are a bunch of vendors and Native American storytellers and traditional Indian dances. It's really cool. I'm glad we got to be a part of it. 

David and I are pretty normal bikers...well, no, we're not. We're more like Mr. and Mrs. Tame...there are some craaaaaaaaaazy folks who ride bikes out there. But I tell you what, they're the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always wanting to chat and just truly sincere folks. We have normal biker gear. We always wear jeans, vented jackets with armor in the spring/summer and leather jackets in the fall/winter. I wear chaps when it gets cold. Yes, chaps. Gauntlet gloves and liners. Boots. David has police motorcycle boots and I have my honky lesbo boots. Then, of course, helmets...full-face. Not taking any chances. I know I'm stupid enough riding a motorcycle (no comments from you, Mother), I'm not gonna be stupid and wear a brain pan helmet. 

Anyways...there's my motorcycle talk. I suggest that, even if you don't want to own one, at least give one a try. Go for a ride with someone who has one...it really is amazing. Well, Mom, I know you read the whole thing. I warned you and I'm sure you're all flustered now and chattering away to yourself...but I told you not to read and now I can't help you. You only have yourself to blame. 

This is me and Winona...she's a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado.

This is me and Marahute...she's a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD.

This is apparently how hardcore bikers sleep on the Trail of Tears.

Here's a prettier picture of the same guy.

Gracious alive! There's a fox attacking that Viking!

These are some theme bikes...Spiderman and something else.



On the trail.



A variety of bikes showed up...that guy totally has a La-Z-Boy for his passenger seat. 

My sweetie pie all rawr in his get-up. 

Heading home.

Some pics of Winona.

1 comment:

  1. if you want to smell things while you are riding around-put an air freshener in your car. they come in all kinds of smells-fresh breeze, orchid, motorcycle exhaust, wet pavement, blood and guts, etc.... anything you can smell while riding a motorcycle you can smell while driving a car. only it's safer in the car. if someone hits your car while you are smelling blood and guts air freshener, you will still probably not even smell like blood and guts. but if someone hits your motorcycle while you are smelling fresh breeze or stupid brain (stupid brains do emit a smell) then you will probably begin to smell blood and guts but you won't even recognize the smell because it will be your own blood and guts and if you are brain dead you generally don't smell your own blood and guts because...well you are dead.. and don't call me when this happens because i have already told you about you dying or being seriously injured on a motorcycle. it's too late then.

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!