1. Glass breaking. Who doesn't love to hear that. Because either something valuable just broke and somebody is in big trouble and that's always funny. Or there's a wedding going on and weddings mean happiness and free food (and love and lifelong commitment).
2. The ocean. So calming and peaceful and relaxing. Either you're somewhere warm and sunny, basking in its salt-watery goodness. Or gazing out over the slate blue of colder waters, the salty mist spraying your face. Malinda, I don't understand why you don't like the ocean more. It's got a lot of salt and you like salt. Is it the sun? The ocean is so mysterious and terrifying and beautiful.
3. A Hershey bar being unwrapped. Because either I'm about to eat it...or I'm about to take it from you and eat it. It's a win-win for me.
4. The aviary at the zoo. I love birds. They're kind of scary, though. You've seen the movie, right?
5. The Smoky Mountains early in the morning. Even though it's completely quiet...you can almost hear the fog and trees and mountains talking. Like a rich conversation...filled with lilts and enunciations...water dripping from leaves, pine needles brushing together, wind rushing under hawks' wings. I know that sounds ridiculous and cheesy, but it's so true, so shut up.
6. An orchestra warming up before a performance. You've paid all this money and the show's about the start...whether it's a musical or program honoring a certain composer...it's about to get good. And you kiiiiiinda hope someone trips because then you get two shows for the price of one.
7. But the absolute best noise ever...is this.
Please excuse what we're wearing. We had just gone on an hour and a half stroller walk with the girls. Oh, and Mommajoe's back!! Whew...we missed her.