Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ladies' Night

Tris put together this Favorite Things party, so on Saturday evening, we all headed over to her house to share our favorite things with each other and try out some recipes we've found on Pinterest. Well, I'm the worst Pinner...Pinterester...Pinter?? and I have, like, three pins and zero food pins. So, I just made something I really wanted to eat...truffles. I used an Ina Garten recipe. But, of course, half of the ingredients are only available in the Hamptons...or Europe...so I had to improvise.

I'll be honest, they turned out pretty good. I was proud of myself. I'm not great when it comes to the confectionary arts because some of it is so meticulous and exact and you have to be patient (David has to make the divinity for me) and I'm like, "I don't care anymore!!! I just want to lick the bowl!!! But this recipe wasn't bad at all and I was happy with how they turned out.

What we did for the party was buy four of our favorite things (under $6 each) and drew four separate names. The four names we drew were people that we got gifts from. Two of my favorite things are Burt's Bees lip balm and their bar soap.

And I got some awesome possum stuff. I am SO excited. Check out this headband that was one of Liza's favorite things.

Adorable, right? I've never really worn a lot of hair accessories because I never know how to pull them off, but this one was easy. You just stick it in and there you go! Flower. Done. The story behind these hair accessories is really neat. You can get your own or have one custom made at www.raggamuffinshop.com. I actually ordered a few more yesterday...squeee!!

It was SUCH a fun ladies' night. I can't wait for our next Favorite Things party!

Here are some memorable quotes from the evening:

"Malinda, your hair always looks so good. How do you get it to do that? It's so buffoon-y. No, wait. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant to say at all. It's bouffant-esque. Your ponytails always looks awesome. You don't look like a buffoon." - Erin

"If someone asked me if there was something I really liked, kind of like a hobby or just something I like to look at and collect....I would say 'bowls.' I really like bowls." - Senia

"Glad you guys like the nacho polenta dip. That recipe came from a very dark time in my life."
("What? What happened?")
"It was when I was submerged in a deep polenta obsession. But, some good stuff came out of it." - Also Senia


And here's some pictures of the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast. And btw I'm also a horrible "pinterester". I can't seem to really get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Jealous of your fun girl time. I also love burt's bees lip balm, yummy :)
    And the flower headband is super cute! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!