Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weddings, Adoptions, and Everything In Between


This weekend was a busy as a bee kind of weekend. Frudat...ha, my fingers were placed weird on the keyboard and that's how "Friday" came out. I hereby declare that Friday shall be renamed Frudat. So, Frudat morning, David, the twins, and I headed south to celebrate with his sister, Laura Grace, on her upcoming nuptials. It was such a fun weekend. We got to visit with both sides of David's family...some folks we hadn't seen in a long time. David's older sister, Rebecca, and her husband, Richard, flew down from Erhio and it was so much fun hanging out with them.

Friday night, we had a Celebration Dinner for LG and James and then a lingerie shower afterwards. All of the lady cousins and aunts attended. And you know, those things are pretty funny and even the mildest people access their wild side. But all of the "kids" were pretty tame...you know who were the wild ones? The ADULTS! We were embarrassed. There was dancing...there were some very questionable jokes told, mostly from GranJan...we had to disperse after the police showed up, but we had a good time.

Then the wedding was Saturday! It was a beautiful outdoor wedding set in front of a lake. The heat index was 105 F and I sweated through the entire front of my dress...thank goodness for my bouquet. But it was such a lovely ceremony, that nobody really noticed the heat. Then, the reception...let me tell you about this food. Oh my word, delicious. The wedding was at 10 a.m., so it was kind of a breakfast reception. I can't even tell you how much food there was, and I remember most of it...but the most special thing at that buffet was this cold coffee punch...it was a bowl of pure happiness. I don't even drink coffee, but I like coffee-flavored things. But this punch must have had crack in it because I had about 17 cups...I could not get enough. That probably also explains why I was so hyper the rest of the day. Unless it was decaf and then it just means I'm crazy. Anyways. That junk was gooooooooood. I gotta get the recipe. I'm sure it's coffee and sugar and rainbows and fairy tears and real whipped cream. I dunno. Mmmmmm MMMMMMmmm...

After the reception, we stayed to help clean up...and then we hung out with the fam a little bit more and then headed back to my parents'. They kept the twins for us all day. We were pretty tired, but we had a great time. I'm super happy for Laura Grace, James, and Allen. Allen is James' son and is quite possibly the sweetest kid on the face of the planet. Welcome to the family, you guys. And welcome to The Outsiders, James. It's mine and Richard's super secret club. We have a handshake and everything. We'll officially induct you laters.

This is how I started the day...
This is how I ended it...
Don't tell LG I put these up here because she's still on her honerymooney and I haven't even shown her these pictures.

These were some of LG's students and super adorable kids.

David's dad's side of the family. Please ignore my man stance.

David's mom's side of the family.

We left my parents' early Sunday morning to get back home in time for a send-off cookout for Brandi and Shane. They're leaving TODAY to go overseas to get their daughters! Baaaaaah, I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to meet these two gals! I don't know if I can say the country or their names...but we'll say they're from Ruthopia and their names are Rufus and Rufia. I'll tell you their real names once they're home in the ole U. S. of A. Brandi Pants and Shaney Pooh will be gone for about a month. They'll have court appointments where they will be approved for adoption by the country's government. They'll have some free time where they can be tourists for a little bit. And then the girls will officially be theirs and they'll bring them home. Please pray that everything goes good with their paperwork and they all arrive home safely and that the girls' transition is smooth and that they love the food I'm going to make for them. That one's probably going to need the most prayer. I might call up on the services of a local business that pre-prepares stuff and you just pick it up and call it your own. I'm going to try to learn a few words in their language...like "Howdy" and "Welcome" and "Chocolate" and "My name is Ruth"...those are pretty much the most important things.

I stole these pictures from their FB pages.

The "Everything In Between"...hmmm, I can't really think of anything. I have some new pictures of the girls, but I'm too lazy to get it off my camera right now.

I'm eating the big marshmallows right now, and on the side of the bag, it says "Eat one at a time." Where's the fun in that?

I'm going to write a post soon called "Keepin' It Real" and it's a post I've been working on for awhile and when I'm feeling extra sassy, I go and add things to it. I'll also show you pictures of my before and after belly, because I know about 1-2 people are dying to see those.

Who needs torture devices when you have baby fingernails? It looks like a cougar attacked my face.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty waiting with baited breath for your "Keeping It Real" post. I will be a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty sweet family shots. What cool guy took those with amazing skill so as not to include the blinding light above? Ok, so one of them wasn't focused. I blame the equipment, personally. Cheap, disposable camera. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!