Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

Still no pictures. Piper Lee got a fever late Monday afternoon, so the past two evenings have been spent keeping her comfortable. I'm not sure if she got sick from me, but that was past the usual incubation period, so we really don't know where it came from. To compensate for Piper Lee's lethargy, Harper has cranked it up a few notches and has been bouncing off the walls...literally. There are footprints.

You know how they say when you have a newborn, it seems like you'll never be able to sleep again? I kind of feel that way when you have a sick baby, too. It's only been two nights, but...sooooo...sleepy.......

David and I alternated Monday night, but last night, Harper was being crazy and decided to wake up, too, so we were both up all night.

Hoping today turns things around. Poor Pipes seems miserable. I hate seeing my sweet girls uncomfortable and they don't know what's going on, so it's so sad. She seems a little happier right now. I gave her a cold bath, which she LOVED and gave her a swig (precisely measured) of Motrin. She's jumping up and down in the hallway with her hands up like a bunny saying, "Hop hop hop hop!" I don't know if that's a fever delusion or she's on the mend. Hoping it's the latter.

Now to try to get some work done.

Oh, Mary and Courtney! We looked into the crib tent and Mom actually found one on Amazon! I'm going to give it another week to see if a firm, "Stay in your crib," will work (probably not) and then I might give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I guess it's some toddler beds for us. Sigh. Not that I'm happy y'all's little ones crawled out at an early age, too, but it's nice to know we're not the only ones with Houdini kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!