Monday, September 19, 2011

La Belle Mer

A few months ago, my girlfriends and I were trying to plan a girls' weekend at the beach, but due to crazy schedules and upcoming mission trips, we just couldn't find a good time. I was determined to get to the beach one more time this year. I was planning on me, David and the girls going, but David suggested just Mom and I go so I could have a break. He didn't have to twist my arm too terribly much. We decided on a good weekend and booked a condo in Seagrove. Dad thought he was on call that weekend, but turns out, he wasn't, so he asked if he could come with us on our Ladies Weekend. Sure, we said, but you have to paint your toenails.

It worked out with David's work that he was able to work from home and keep the girls and our good friend, Joseph, came from Mississippi and helped David on Saturday and Sunday. It was such a blessing and some very much needed time off. And, of course, my favorite place is the beach. I have a ton of pictures and stories, but no time to post today. The girls decided over the weekend that their cribs were made to be climbed out of and so now we have no way to contain them...at all. They can get out of anything. So, we have a huge decision to make as far as what to do with their room. I honestly was hoping the cribs would last until they were 3...no joke. They're 3 months shy of 2 years old, so that didn't work out. We're putting the house up on the market this week, so fingers crossed it sells soon and we can move into a house more suitable for curly-headed monkeys.

Here's a video I took yesterday morning before we left....sigh. Enjoy.


Now...BACK TO WORK!!!

2 comments:

  1. My son was 18 months when we moved him to a toddler bed, and honestly for a while he drove us crazy running into our room in the middle of the night. Have you thought about those net, tent, cage things that go over the top of the crib? Maybe those would contain them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly was around 18 months too when she learnt how to get out. We were scared she could hurt herself, so we just moved her to the big girl bed and she did just fine. Unfortunatelly, there's no such thing as crib tent in Slovakia.

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!