Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Swinging

This past weekend was Bryan's (Sara's man) daughter, Virginia Kate's, birthday party. So, we headed on over the park to celebrate. Stupid me didn't bring a regular camera. But nobody told me that park had the COOLEST PLAYGROUND EVER. It was like a castle fort and it was about the size of the Biltmore Estate. I'm not exaggerating. I never exaggerate. Oh, to be a kid again and play on that thing!

They had some baby swings...you know, the bucket seats. We've never taken the girls swinging, so we figured we'd give it a shot. Oh my gosh, David is already planning the swing set he's going to build in the backyard, because they LOVED it. Their faces lit up. It took Harper just a second to be cool about it, but then she squealed and kicked her legs like she was running so fast. It was so much fun. The sun came back out from behind a cloud, so it got hot and I hated taking them out to go get in the shade. But we're definitely swinging again ASAP.

Piper Lee has learned to cluck her tongue.

So, how about Glee was kind of blah last night. A tad disappointing. It was hyped up to be this huge, amazing Britney Spears episode and they had to keep her appearance under wraps on a closed set, etc. But, she was in it for only a second. But, Brittany S. Pearce...maaaaan, that girl can DANCE.

Harper has come to the realization that she is a big girl now and wants to spread her wings and fly...well, stand. She's been pulling up to standing on stuff for awhile now, but yesterday, I peek over to find PL playing the piano and Harper standing up beside her looking at me like, "What do I do now? I've gotten myself into this, how do I get out?" So, I went over and taught her how to sit back down.

And Piper teleports. I honestly believe that. She can get from one side of the room to the other in under 2.3 seconds and I have no idea how she does it. I've never actually seen her crawl forward. She crawls backwards a lot and she does the leg scoot, but usually in circles, so I dunno. Mom says she levitates. Well, she's doing something. She's faster than Harper.

My parents were able to stop by yesterday morning for a little bit on their way home. They landed at the airport late Monday night, coming back from their West Coast trip. Oh my goodness, they got the girls the CUTEST sock monkey winter toboggans from San Francisco. I laughed so hard. Completely ridiculous and oh, so irresistible. I cannot WAIT for cooler weather.

Speaking of weather, it's been so nice outside lately, that I've been able to start up walking again with the girls. Oh, how I've missed that. I've had serious cabin fever all steaming hot Summer long. It was too hot to do anything with them outside and the only time I went outside Monday through Friday was to check the mail. But yesterday, we went for a 4.5 mile walk and it was wonderful. I can't even tell you. Those of you who are stuck inside all day know what a simple walk outside can do for your soul. I used to work at a company that allowed you to take two 15-minute breaks each day in addition to your lunch. And there was a walking trail nearby and several of us would walk just to get out. It was marvelous. I have got to think of new superlatives.

Anyways. YAY FOR FALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!