Thursday, June 30, 2011

TMI

Sooooooooooooo, I realize yesterday's post was, well, #1. for girls only (I told you, guys!) and #2. probably TMI. On posts that I'm like, "Hmm..." about, I always get Mom to read and okay it. And I normally stick to a "When In Doubt, Don't" mindset, but Mom didn't check it until later in the day. I asked, "Do you think it was TMI?" She replied, "Weeeeeeeeeeeell.........well...." But, by then, it was late afternoon and most everyone had already read it.

And then I get paranoid thinking, "Oh no, I hope I didn't scare anybody off." David reads the blog at night and I asked his opinion and he liked it, but when I asked, "Was it too personal?" He responded with, "Well, I mean, that's up to you. I thought it was fine. What woman hasn't gone through that? It was about...you know...but if you're fine sharing that, then that's up to you."

Truth is, I've never been uncomfortable talking about certain things with other gals. Especially after being pregnant and having babies...I'll talk about anything. But, I realize not everybody is cool with that. So, I hope I didn't scare you guys off. A lot of folks who read the blog, I know them personally. Some of you, I feel like I know you, but we've never met. And then others, I just kind of know which area of the world you're from and I'm so glad you're reading! We watched this episode of House once where this girl who blogged had a heart condition and every single step of her hospital stay was documented on her blog. Her husband asked how she was so comfortable sharing all of that with people she'd never met. She said she felt a connection with them. As cheesy as that sounds, it's so true. It's oddly liberating to just type and tell you guys stuff. (And I mean, I share everything with David, so it's not like he didn't know I went to the doctor yesterday. And he trusts that I'm not going to tell you guys anything TOO personal...like, about him and the hyenas...oh, no...I've said too much.)

Anyways. I'll try to keep it to regular, every-day TMI stuff. Like, ear cheese. You know when you've worn a pair of studs in your ears too long, and you take them out...and yeah...ear cheese.

4 comments:

  1. Frankly, I found it funny and it didn't bother me. Probably because I totally relate. But then again I'm not shy. You gave everyone fair warning so I wouldn't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally loved it. It was funny.

    My immediate family wouldn't care if I shared something like that, but I have certain extended family that are a little bit over the top, sensitive. So, I keep it REALLY clean. When I look over my blog, sometimes I get bored! lol.

    Love the new look too BTW. Good job.
    Kristine-little miss and mister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was fine, but also having two kids does make it so I am used to talking about all that kind of stuff with people. Actually, your title made me wonder if it was going to be about something else "down there" which I think would have been TMI for most people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was way mild... But take into consideration, I'm used to infertility blogs.... Now, if you want TMI, just google that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!