Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

And so begins my least favorite time of year. I love Christmas. I love New Year's. January 2 through March 31...you are dead to me. It's cold for absolutely no reason. I mean, I was in a Hawaiian shirt on Christmas and oh, NOW you decide to get fah-reezing cold? All that frigidness wasted on nothing. And I hate the cold except during Christmas. So, now it's no good to me. It's dreary and wet and there are no holidays that we get off for. I do love Valentine's Day, though. That's one of my faves. I long for the beach. Maybe that's why I don't make New Year's resolutions. I don't know that I ever have. Except, this year, I decided to. I didn't write them down...got 'em stored up in here (pointing to my head). I'd like to share them with you so you guys can help keep me accountable.

Read fewer pointless magazines (i.e. style, celebrity gossip, etc. [except for Real Simple, because that's very much pointful) and read more actual books. NO, MOM, I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE HELP YET. I'd like to finish The Help and read The Hunger Games. I have a bad habit of re-reading books I've already read because I know I'll like them. I've done that about a million times with all the Stephen Lawhead books. I need to branch out. I am reading Mindy Kaling's book, though. That counts, right?

Drink a glass of water whenever I want chocolate at any particular moment. So far this year, I've eaten 102 Snicker's bars and 73 truffles and I'm dehydrated. So, that's going well.

Find the perfect pair of black boots. I actually found the perfect pair, but they're $2,300 and that's $25 over budget, so, you know...still looking. (I don't ever go over budget.)

Convince David to watch LOST all over again with me from the beginning.

Not pick all of my fingernail polish off 10 minutes after I've painted them.

Unsubscribe from any and all apparel-related email lists. It's gonna be hard to let Baby Gap go. I love to buy clothes for the girls. It's like having my own little dolls to dress up however I want. One day, they'll have a say, but right now...I have the power!!!

Not buy any more blue jeans until I ABSOLUTELY NEED a pair. I have a sickness, really. I counted how many pair I have the other day...it's not pretty. Well, it's pretty shameful.

Learn to make petit fours. (If you've got a recipe, I'd love to have it!)

Teach my kids to reenact a scene from Star Wars.

Paint/draw more. I'll do a post sometime with pictures of some of my fine art pieces. I am in no way a fine artist. I just had to do a lot of painting and drawing classes in college and I'll show you some of the things I did. It's really therapeutic when it's not for a grade. I enjoy it.

Actually finish the Dream Job posts. I have a few more.

Get Mrs. Micki her shortbread cookies.

Find a way to get fried crab claws to Virginia.

Not whine about the cold so much.

Not whine about January, February, and March so much.

Not whine about silly stuff so much.

Find a way to get Erin to make me more pesto and make her think it was her idea.

Put the laundry from the washer into the dryer. Hey, that's one thing I can check off the list! Woo hoo! Even if everything else goes to pot, at least I accomplished that.

Happy 2012, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Umm...that's it. This list proves we are already friends and didn't know it.

    If I had any embroidery floss lying around, then I'd be whittling us matching bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are on my list, too! How'd ya know?!

    "watch LOST all over again from the beginning."

    "Teach my kids to reenact a scene from Star Wars."

    "Put the laundry from the washer into the dryer."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto on the cold. i mean if it's going to be 22 degrees, where's the snow?!

    and if david won't watch LOST with you, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please buy another pair of jeans, tell us your total, and make me feel good about myself. Ok, that's too selfish. Just enjoy them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!