Monday, December 1, 2008

Things I Learned During Thanksgiving 08

(five of the pictures below come from my sister, Sara...there, see? I credited you. Sheesh.)
1. I learned that I can gain 27.35 pounds in a four-day period. That might come in handy one day...I'm holding out for a new Olympic sport. 

2. I learned that if I wear my long sweater and unbutton my pants, I can fit in that extra bite of sweet potato soufflĂ©. 

3. I learned that I will always have room/extra compartments for 13-layer chocolate cake. 

4. I learned that I'm weird because of my family, not because of me. This includes both sides of my family, btw. They're all weird. I forgot to take my camera to my dad's side Thanksgiving. (pic 1: my sister, pic 2: Uncle Greg, Mamaw, Uncle Brad, Mom, Papaw [creator of Bogue and Weejer], pic 3: me and Papaw)



5. I learned that there's a reason I've never been shopping the day after Thanksgiving before. 

6. I learned that five girls (me, my sister, my mom, my grandmother and my mom's friend) can load a Suburban with shopping bags filled with things we didn't need. 

7. I learned that the economy ain't doing too bad because everyone and their mother was shopping at the outlet mall in Destin on Friday. 

8. I learned that women are mean! People will do anything for a $300 Coach purse. Wow, what a deal. 

9. I learned that when I feel like I'm dressed trashy, to just take a quick gander around me at the other people and realize "hey, I'm lookin alright today." Along with that, I learned that most people don't do a mirror check before they leave the house.

10. I learned that my cousin Abigail is scared of my grandparents. hmmm...wonder why....


11. I learned that the lower the health food rating, the better the food is. 


12. I learned that there's a strange cave man creature living in my parent's downstairs movie room. I also learned that the mask I made for a dumb art project in college has many uses and that the old medical instruments (left in picture) my mom found at an antique store look like ancient torture instruments on display and frighten small children and myself.  

13. I learned that my two cousins, Drew and Jacob, will probably be stopped at every security check-point in every airport in the US. 


(and to end with something cheesy, yet sincere)
14. I learned that no matter where you are or what you achieve or your job or your money or anything, that family is so much important and if you ever take it for granted, I will come and punch you in the eye. Why anyone would put anything above family is beyond me. Cherish them, they won't always be around and spend as much time with them as you can. 

Anyways. I hope everybody had a fun and fat Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your list, Ruth - especially #4. I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!