Monday, September 21, 2009

Best. Husband.

I have the most amazing husband and I am sooooo blessed that he got stuck with me. This weekend was super frustrating. It rained the entire time, it was hot and humid outside, nothing "summery" fit me, all of my cute cold weather clothes are too warm to wear right now, my hair wouldn't fix right, I looked gross, I couldn't help organize the garage because I can't lift anything heavy...it was just not my weekend (until last night when the gals had our fabulous breakfast for dinner Ladies' Supper over at Liza's...which was SOOOO FUN!). But, the rest of the weekend was poopy. I was just feeling super down. Until...

Saturday night, I had just finished my shower and was throwing on some pajamas. David and I were chatting and he stopped mid-sentence and said, "Is your butt getting smaller?" I said, "What?!" defensively (because of my all-weekend grumpiness, I just assumed it was a "Why are you getting fatter?" comment...even though he would never say that...I was just irritable.) He said, "No...you look like you've lost weight there." I softened a bit and kind of smiled..."Really?" He said, "Yeah...you can totally tell." 

"Awww, you're just saying that. It just looks smaller because of the gigantic couch in the front." 

"No, I mean it. You need to make sure you're eating enough." 

"Well, okay, thank you." I giggled to myself, feeling a lot better. 

Whether or not I really have lost weight there (I don't think I have), it meant the world to me and sweet little David said it at just the right time. I've gained 20 pounds and I'm feeling every single one of them...mostly in my face. 

I've got a good Hugsy and I'm thankful for that. 

1 comment:

  1. beep, beep, beep-that would be your butt backing up or maybe your stomach moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!