Monday, April 20, 2009

Beachin' It with the Girls

So, this past Friday, Sara and I took off work and headed south to meet up with the ladies' group from our home church for a weekend at the beach in sunny Florida. We've been doing this every year for, how long now, Mom? I can't remember. But, it's fabulous. I look forward to it every year. It's just girls sitting around at the beach, doing nothing. It's a perfect weekend. We went shell scavenging, shopping, walking, sunning, eating, napping, chattering, the things girls do. We even had a scavenger hunt that included finding a girdle, a 1966 quarter, a real buffalo nickel, a $2 bill, a zit, a 1957 ("wheatie") penny, dentures and other random stuff. Guess who won? That's right, my team won...me, Sara, Mom, Mamaw and Ms. Di. You be on my team, you'll always win. The only item we lacked was the 1966 quarter. Don't ask how we got the girdle. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take a ton of pictures. I was too busy being l-a-z-y. But while Sara and I were shell searching one morning...

...I scared up a few seagulls. 

...jumped off some dunes. 

...took some pictures of the unsuspecting sistah.

The water wasn't as clear and blue as it normally is, (that usually doesn't come until May) but I won't complain. If you haven't been to a Florida (gulf) beach before, the sand is very fine and white...hence the titles "world's whitest beaches" and "sugar sands." To me, it's perfect.

1 comment:

  1. and a great and wonderful time was had by all!!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!