Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

Well, as I'm sure you've all heard, Michael Jackson died yesterday afternoon. I didn't cry or anything, but I did kind of think to myself..."aw, that's too bad," because I remember how awesome he used to be (until he became white and his nose fell in on top of itself.) There definitely hasn't been another performer that has had quite the impact on the world as America's own creepy Peter Pan. I took a quick trip down Memory Lane as I pondered the King of Pop's life...

Do you remember the Captain Eo attraction at Epcot in Disney World? I. LOVED. IT. We would go to it every time we visited DW. It was before MJ's face completely melted off. I don't know if my parents loved it, but they'd always take us. It was a 20 minute video about this rag-tag band flying through the galaxy, evading bad guy spaceships, trying to deliver a map to the Supreme Leader-the map ended up being eaten by an elephant creature called Hooter, and finally landing on this Borg-type planet. The Supreme Leader was this super scary spider Borg queen-type of person who was just rude and kept wanting a "gift", but instead, Captain Eo and his band sang her and her minions into awesome 80's costumes and dance moves and they all became a big, happy dancing family and the Supreme Leader turned into none other than Angelica Houston. It was so great. I always wanted Captain Eo's white, flashy light jacket and sweet boots. If you haven't seen it, please go watch it. It's a two-parter. It will change your life. And possibly give you nightmares.

I've tried for 26 years and I still can't do the moon walk. Nobody can dance like MJ...not even me. And y'all know how incredible I am. 

Our babysitter growing up, Melanie, was obsessed with Michael...almost as much as she was obsessed with Tom Cruise, who she actually met a few times and got his autograph. But then again, he was pretty foxy in his Top Gun days. Anyways. Melanie would let us wear her marching band gloves and jacket and play some MJ for us and we'd have contests to see who could lip sync the best. Sara always won, cuz she's a freak. 

Sometimes, when Seumas or Blue jump up in my lap when I'm working, I'll push them down and say "Beat it." And then I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. 

I used to have the entire Thriller dance memorized. I don't think I can do it anymore. That was a great video. One year for Halloween, at my second job, our department did a Zombie Prom theme and we played Thriller all. day. long. Nobody cared, cuz it was awesome. Here's the poster I did inviting people to come to our brain-eating partay. I'm in the top left corner...yep.

The world will definitely miss him. A B C, it's easy as 1 2 3...or simple as do re mi, A B C, 1 2 3, Baby, you and me, girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!