Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things I Know You're Dying to Know

Well, yes, we are having a baby. We have been given charge over the life of another human being and yes, it scares the ever living mess out of me. But, I've kept an orchid, a cat and a dog alive for more than a year, so I think I'm okay. That's pretty much the same thing, right? No, it was not a surprise...it was completely planned and timed perfectly by God and we couldn't be happier or more thankful. I don't absolutely LOVE the word "pregnant." Much in the same way I don't like the word "fester." It's just a weird word to me. "Knocked up" is sooooo high school. And "with child" just sounds obnoxious and 1600's. So, I'm going to call it "babied." As of today, I am 5 weeks and 5 days babied. I've had 1 million and 3 blood tests and exams and the nurses and doctor say I am doing very well, as is the squirrel alien residing down there. Until we know if it's boy squirrel alien or girl squirrel alien, we're calling the baby "Charleston," because that's where...we...uhm...that's where it...well, I'll let you figure it out. Right now, I'm calling it "The Charleston Chub" because I still have leftover flab from the cruise, which is just doing wonders for my self-esteem. And I know, I know..."eat what you want," "it's all for the baby," "who cares about your weight"....blah de blah de blah...I feel fat and I'm cranky. My first ultrasound is June 12 and we'll get to hear and see, as my friend Tris so awesomely put it, the heart light. I'm also hoping to see a set of steel drums and a dread-headed squirrel in there because that would just be incredible. 

Last Friday was mine and David's fifth year wedding anniversary. We've been married for five years...that's why we had a fifth year wedding anniversary. We don't do anniversary presents...we do anniversary trips...hence the cruise. And we rotate who gets to pick where every year. Although, he's so sweet and just lets me pick every year. Sigh...I married him for lots of reasons...that's just one of them. Here's some pictures of our big day five years ago. It was the best wedding. And I'm not just saying that. It was really casual and fun and country and so relaxed. It was perfect. 

PUSHING DAISIES IS BACK ON! Thank you, ABC, for my belated Christmas present. Took you long enough. 

We have a softball game tonight. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm feeling a double. Your Mom's Team will dominate. I'm gonna try to remember to bring my camera to take pictures so y'all can see just how amazing we look and play. 

We went and saw UP this past weekend with David's parents. I highly recommend it. It was a little more intense than most Disney/Pixar films, but once again, they never fail to awesomize the audience. It was such a cute movie. SQUIRREL!

A few people have asked...Taffy's Ashes is a 100% true story. 

I have a big scratch on my face...looks like a cat named Blue might have done it after I blew in her nose and poked her incessantly whilst saying "Excuse me...excuse me...excuse me..."...but don't let it fool you. It was a shark attack. On my face. 

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and I keep reading because I think you are freakin' hilarious! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!