Friday, August 7, 2009

Housey House

We got to thinking about colors for the nursery the other day. We do plan on finding out if the squatters are mens or ladies, but I'm not super huge on pastel pinks and blues or anything related. So, either way, we decided to do everything in neutral colors. No theme...#1, I can't think of a theme and #2, anything I DID think of would be silly and probably give them nightmares. So, no theme! (said in the voice of Edna) 

Anyways. The nursery has pretty high ceilings, which is going to be a paaaaaain to paint. So, I told David, "Why don't we just do a whole bunch of painting and get everything we want done...done." He liked that idea and I've been wanting to paint the dining room, guest bedroom and office space, so we figured if we're going to be doing a lot of painting, might as well do it all. Then we got to talking about the floors. I'm not a fan of carpet. David loves carpet. So, he's letting me put new floors down in the whole house as long as I leave the carpet in the bedroom. Gag, but it's a good compromise. So, I've picked out some fabulous bamboo hardwoods that I just want to hug because they're pretty and tropical-y. (And cheaper than some of the laminate...whaaaaaat? I know, right.) 

Then, I decided I hate the kitchen. (I've been watching WAY too much HGTV, btw.) So, new countertops, backsplash and decluttering...sooooooo excited about that. Our kitchen isn't huge at all, so making it look pretty wont' be too hard and David loves to cook so I want it to be nice for him. 

Then, David decided he wants to transform the backyard. He loves loves loves decks, so he wants to build one with some raised planters and maybe a little fountain. How cute is that. So, I told him he could do whatever he wanted with the yard if I could pick out the floors and paint colors. (He would have let me do it anyway, because he's a sweetie pie.) 

We're headed to Home Depot on Saturday to talk about everything with some guy there, because there's nooooo way we can put down hardwoods or countertops ourselves. I'll post up before and after pictures. I know Shane really wants to see those. We are painting this weekend, so if you're bored or like to paint, stop on by and grab a brush. I'm making cookies...or something. And we have water you can drink. 

I don't know how this turned into a home improvement post...I lost a lot of sleep over it last night just thinking about stuff...so I thought I'd drag y'all into it with me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Redecorating is so much fun! I can't wait to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond nesting! I can't believe bamboo floors are cheaper than some of the laminates. Now I want some new floors...

    Have fun and I can't wait to see the before/after pics. I'm a huge HGTV fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bamboo floors in my foyer and love them! Those high ceilings in the nursery are harder to paint, but they make the room look so light and airy compared to the traditional height of eight feet.

    When you get everything in place, I wish you would drop by and submit some pics of the finished room in my contest at

    http://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/baby-nursery-theme-contest.html

    You might win a prize or just enjoy looking at what other moms are doing. Congratulations. Jan

    ReplyDelete

I like your comments.
Mom, keep it clean.
Have a fabtastic day!